Monday, December 24, 2007

Hello, little one.


We had to go to a holiday family party on Jesse's side and he asked me to make bibingka. Normally, I bake it in a 9x13 pan. This morning, I decided to make individually sized bibinks in my cupcake pans. I was inspired by the small bibingka sold in roadside stands and outside of church in the Philippines during Christmastime that I've heard about. One of these is like having your own XXL corner piece all to yourself. They were gone in minutes. Luckily, I kept a dozen back to bring to my dad's side for Christmas Eve tomorrow night.

I'm really looking forward to the food in the Philippines: understanding origins, learning new techniques, and bringing knowledge, materials, and techniques back with me.

1 comment:

addababe said...

What! You aren't bringing any to my house!

Signed,
The Laundrymat