Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Coffin Ship to Asia

We are writing from the Hong Kong airport, waiting for our 8am connecting flight to Manila. I thought Cathay Pacific would be a bit more luxurious than PAL; we were so wrong. It was so cramped that I never even got into my backback for my reading material and my book manuscript draft to mark up: once the guy in front reclined, i hit my head on the mini TV monitor and couldn't even reach down past my knees to get under the seat. Smallest airplane bathroom ever, but we won't get into the gory details.

Anyway, we made it -- only my carryon was overweight. Auntie Addie and Uncle Mel brought us last night to SFO and here we are. Too bad none of the shops open until 7am...right now...ok, we're going to the duty free shop and change money.

We'll post again when we arrive in Manila!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HOY!

January 4th already - stop having fun for a minute and BLOG PLEASE (j/k, sort of). Hope you two are having a fabu time and I can't wait to read/see/hear your stories, Manang!

d

kayriebradshaw said...

My Dad hates Cathay Pacific because they don't give you enough food. He said that they only give you dinner, breakfast, and a cup-o-soup, if you ask for it...not enough for his appetite! So excited for you...

Dawn said...

And what's worse is that I fell asleep and woke up right when everyone was finishing their cup-o-soup!!! i was so pissed!