Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Packing List


Packing light? Yeah, whatever. Here's just a list off of the top of my head for what we are bringing: security waist wallets, swimsuits, snorkel gear, tsinelas, antibiotics, immodium, first aid kit, sunscreen, toilet paper, anti-bac handwipes and gel, kleenex moist wipes, jungle juice 99.9% DEET mosquito repellent, electrolyte tablets for dehydration, expandable duffel, digital camera, laptop, cell phones, all chargers, power strip, travel electrical adapters, new Canon digital SLR, lenses, extra memory cards and camera batteries, travel towels, suitcase TSA safe locks, clothes & undies, balikbayan box packed with lotions, shampoo, shower gel, towels, chocolates (50% off post-Halloween candy and Costco Ferrero Rocher packs and Toblerone), oatmeal, coffee, passports, visa, toiletries, hair stuff, contacts for librarians at UP Diliman, Ateneo, and the Filipinas Heritage Library, phone numbers for Cebu relatives, accordion file with all of our travel stuff organized by island/province...and I know we're gonna forget something.

Anyway, I told Jesse I could fit into a Balikbayan box and he didn't believe me, so I tried it. And then it took me a long time to get out.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

hi dawn!
i love the pic of you in the box! hayyla funny! another tip is not to tape up your boxes until you're at the airport. before falling in line, go to a closed check-in station and weigh your boxes there.

on another tip, GURRRL, you gotta check out Cleo's Brazilian Steakhouse on El Camino in San Bruno. They serve 7 different kinds of steak, carved at your table! Did I mention that it's all you can eat and comes w/ a buffet spread including hella good sides?

we need to experience this together! except me and jack are talkin' bout going veggie in '08.

have a fun trip! can't wait to read about it on this blog.

love,
jen

Dawn said...

jen, PLEASE don't go veggie until we've eaten at the steakhouse and at House of Prime Rib!!! (or just make a little exception -- we won't tell anyone :) )

kayriebradshaw said...

g'damn! I can't imagine what you'd be like if you have to travel with kids...Can you go to my Lola's house and give her pasalubong (j/k)? Do you still need a tour guide in Bohol? So jealous...have fun!! Oh, wait!! I need your help for a JOB APPLICATION!!! I'll call you :)
Happy Holidays, Mare. Love you!!

punkcichlid said...

one word: preparedness, and that you guys are! happy new year and safe travels to you and jesse. look forward to the rest of your adventure. i'll keep my eye on the blog! -norm